Shadow Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury
Catherine was appointed a Shadow Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury by Labour leader Ed Miliband in May 2012.
Catherine is responsible for shadowing the work of the Government’s Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury, and her role covers the following areas:
- Strategic oversight of the UK tax system including direct, indirect, business and personal taxation;
- Corporate and small business taxation, with input from the Commercial Secretary;
- Departmental Minister for HM Revenue and Customs and the Valuation Office Agency;
- Lead Minister on European and international tax issues;
- Overall responsibility for the Finance Bill.
Updates on Catherine’s work in this role can be read here.