Shadow Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury
Catherine has been a member of Labour’s Shadow Treasury team since May 2012, and has held the positions of both Shadow Economic Secretary and Shadow Exchequer Secretary.
Catherine is responsible for holding HM Treasury and Ministers to account in the following areas:
- childcare policy
- tax credits and child poverty
- charities, the voluntary sector and Gift Aid
- environment and transport taxation, North Sea oil, gas and shipping
- energy policy and climate change
- excise duties, including excise fraud and law enforcement
- gambling duties
- housing and planning
- the Royal Mint, Crown Estate and Royal Household
Updates on Catherine’s work in this role can be read here.