Date of Answer: 08.07.2010
Column References: 513 c440W
Member Tabling Question: McKinnell, Catherine
Topic: Social Security Benefits: Disability
Question: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many people are in receipt of (a) disability living allowance, (b) incapacity benefit and (c) employment and support allowance in Newcastle Upon Tyne North constituency.
Answering Department: Department for Work and Pensions
Member Answering Question: Grayling, Chris
Answer: The information is provided in the following table:
Disability living allowance, incapacity benefit/severe disablement allowance, and employment support allowance claimants in Newcastle upon Tyne North parliamentary constituency : November 2009
1. Incapacity benefit was replaced by employment support allowance (ESA) from October 2008.
2. Figures are rounded to the nearest 10, some additional disclosure has been applied.
3. Caseload for DLA shows the number of people in receipt of an allowance, and excludes people with entitlement where the payment has been suspended, for example if they are in hospital.
4. Constituencies used are for the Westminster Parliament of May 2010.
5. IB/SDA ‘Claimants’ include people in receipt of benefit and also those who fail the contributions conditions but receive a National Insurance Credit, i.e. ‘credits only cases’.
DWP Information Directorate 100% WPLS
Question Number: 6738
Date Tabled: 05.07.2010
Date for Answer: 08.07.2010