JOIN MY TEAM – CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANT
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £21,529 per annum
Fixed term: Until 30th September 2022 (potential to extend)
Catherine is looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent organisational and communication skills to join her team in Newcastle North. The role will involve ensuring Catherine is fully supported in her work with constituents and stakeholders. The position will be based in Catherine’s busy constituency office. Part-time/flexible working or a job share would be considered for the right candidate(s).
- Drafting constituency correspondence, including assisting with complex queries and concerns by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases, including liaising with external organisations and government departments.
- Monitoring progress of cases and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Assisting with the preparation of briefings and communications, including press releases.
- Supporting research on complex policy issues and assisting with the production of reports.
- Assisting with analysis of patterns of enquiries and articulation of the findings in reports and communication with Catherine and other team members.
- Monitoring relevant media.
- Supporting the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of data to ensure Catherine is accurately informed on key issues.
- Assisting with the organisation and running of constituency surgeries and other meetings.
- Other tasks as directed by Catherine to ensure the smooth running of the Constituency Office.
Key Skills and Experience
- Strong IT skills including ability to use Microsoft Office;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with a keen attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines;
- Knowledge and experience of working in a political environment or studying Politics or a related discipline would be an advantage;
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Closing Date 18th August 2021 at 5pm.
A first stage of telephone interviews will be held during the week commencing 23rd August 2021.
Final stage interviews will be held via Zoom on Friday 10th September 2021, with a view to starting as soon as possible.
To apply for this post, please e-mail a one page covering letter and your CV to [email protected] with CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANT– YOUR NAME in the subject line.