Job Title: Office Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (£30,000 – £45,552)
Catherine is looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent organisational and communication skills to join her team in Newcastle North. The role will involve ensuring the smooth running of the office, by leading and supporting Catherine’s team, and engaging with stakeholders from a wide variety of sectors. The position will be based in Catherine’s busy constituency office, for which part-time/flexible/fixed-term working or a job share would be considered for the right candidate(s).
- Managing the office and overseeing budgets;
- Leading, supervising and supporting the team;
- Ensuring all office correspondence and enquiries are dealt with quickly, effectively and courteously by all employees; dealing with complex queries and complaints on Catherine’s behalf; and
- Overall planning and management of external communications.
Overall management of the office including:
- Ensuring a full range of secretarial and administrative support;
- Drafting accurate correspondence on Catherine’s behalf, including complex queries and concerns;
- Responding to constituents and managing confidential casework sensitively;
- Daily supervision of staff;
- Overseeing the budget for the office including expenditure under the MPs’ Expenses Scheme, paying bills and invoices and keeping records of all transactions;
- Managing Catherine’s busy diary;
- Liaising on Catherine’s behalf with relevant groups /personnel/ constituents in Westminster and in the Constituency;
- Ensuring and maintaining a safe and appropriate working environment for the team;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Planning and managing external communications;
- Other tasks as directed by Catherine to ensure the smooth running of the constituency and/or the Westminster Office.
Key Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package, email and internet;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience of working in a political environment would be an advantage;
- Sympathetic to the aims of the Labour Party.
Closing Date: 16 October 2020 at noon.
Interviews will be held via Teams or Zoom during the week commencing 19 October, with a view to starting as soon as possible.
To apply for this post, pleased e-mail a one page covering letter and your CV to [email protected] with OFFICE MANAGER – YOUR NAME in the subject line.