Job Title: Senior Casework/Communications Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (£28,311 – £39,981)
Catherine is looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent organisational, customer service and communication skills to join her team in Newcastle North. The role will involve managing and co-ordinating a professional and comprehensive response to casework issues and other correspondence from constituents, as well as ensuring a proactive online presence and effective communication with constituents and stakeholders. The position will be based in Catherine’s busy constituency office, for which part-time/flexible/fixed-term working or a job share would be considered for the right candidate(s).
- Ensuring all casework queries are dealt with quickly, effectively and courteously by the team; dealing with complex queries on Catherine’s behalf.
- Ensuring constituents of Newcastle upon Tyne North are kept informed and updated on Catherine’s work in Parliament and the constituency on their behalf.
Overall management of constituency casework and communications including:
- Assisting with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate;
- Drafting letters and correspondence on Catherine’s behalf, including complex queries and concerns;
- Responding to constituents and managing confidential casework sensitively;
- Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters;
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with data protection legislation;
- Providing briefings and updates for the MP;
- Liaising with relevant groups /personnel/ constituents at Westminster and in the Constituency on Catherine’s behalf;
- Managing a large caseload of complex cases, working in a professional, confidential, caring and sensitive manner;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends;
- Management and development of the external communication presence of the MP office;
- Other tasks as directed by Catherine to ensure the required service is provided to the constituents of Newcastle North.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package, email, internet and social media;
- Accurate drafting with attention to detail;
- Sympathy with the aims of the Labour Party.
Closing Date: 16 October 2020 at noon.
Interviews will be held via Teams or Zoom during the week commencing 19th October, with a view to starting as soon as possible.
To apply for this post, please e-mail a one page covering letter and your CV to [email protected] with SENIOR CASEWORK MANAGER – YOUR NAME in the subject line.